Recently we've started work on BillingStack which is a billingsystem that is based on the ideas to be like a "OpenStack" project, meaning do something and do it very well. It's at the time being re-written from a Java / Grails implementation initially conceived by it's original author Luis Gervaso from the former company called StackSherpa.
Similarities to BillingStack and OpenStack:
- Built like the thing you know on top of the existing libraries that other OpenStack projects uses like:
- Pluggable / plugin storage: primarely SQLalchemy / Mongo (Not developed yet)
- Multi-Tenancy - Merchants with Customers and Users with Role support (Still at the drawing board / in development)
- REST API - RESTful webservices API for getting information about allmost any resource in the system
Until now we have implemented / planning alot of features like:
- PGP - PaymentGatewayProviders - a abstraction layer for the configuration of different Payment Gateways like BrainTree (Already in active development / allmost finished)
- OpenStack integration with the Ceilometer project
- Java client / sdk
- 10 days - 4 000 lines of code.
Other projects we are working on and planning are:
- Horizon Integration (Univeral and not just BillingStack) using Fakturo
- Fakturo - A univeral Billing system CLI / language binding project
- UsagePusher - Push usage to any billingsystem with the use of Fakturo
I would like to present you BS with a small initial demo of our capabilities and tell you about future hopes and plans.